Sunday, December 7, 2008

I haven't posted in awhile, since I was laid off about 2 weeks ago. I guess my priorities have shifted a little bit as I was trying to come to terms with my "new" life now as a temporary stay at home mom. So far, so good. I'm enjoying my time with my kids while looking for a new job. Too bad the economy is so awful. I'm glad I learned how to become a frugal shopper before all of this happened! If anyone knows of a job in financial services/compliance/advertising review, let me know. LOL!
A little update, I tried the vegan cheese wrapped inside the crescent rolls. It was a no-go for both kids. Boo! But, the hubby and I really enjoyed it. They are great with the cost-conscious lentil soups I made recently. Too bad the kids don't like those soups either. I hate being a short-order cook, but sometimes it's inevitable ... especially when you're dealing with dairy intolerance in the family.
So, an upside to my new job situation is that I no longer have to pack lunches for the kids. I still have to worry about what to make for lunch, but at least I don't have to pack it the night before. BooBoo is teething something awful, so she's existing on air lately (well, soy milk actually). The Bug is existing on air as usual, as well. It's very hard for this Jewish mom to turn off the inner voice that screams that her kids must eat. Oy!
So, that sums things up for us. I haven't really tried any new recipes or foods lately. Oh, but I did make my dairy-free ginger snap bars last week. I will post that recipe tomorrow. It was a big hit with the Bug, even if he did call is "cake." :sigh:

Edited for typos (mental note: don't post late at night)

1 comment:

  1. Ooh! I've been in the mood for ginger baked goods. Those sound great.

    I'm so sorry you were laid off.

    ReplyDelete