Tuesday, October 23, 2012

New recipe this week: beef barley soup

Since I am dairy free (again) and my diet is limited, I'm trying to get out of my rut and try something new each week. Two weeks ago it was the pasta e fagioli I posted, which was pretty good. I could doctor it up a bit, but it was edible. Last week I made a quinoa/chicken/green olive stew that ended up being AMAZING! So good that I think I ate 90% of it and I am not really one to enjoy leftovers. It was so good that I would still be eating it now if I could. This week I'm trying out a new, easy looking beef barley soup in the crock pot. I need something that makes leftovers (that I'll eat), that is easy to make (ergo the crock pot) and that is good for a night when we're crazy busy with activities Have I mentioned I have a 6 month old who does not like to be put down lately? So, crockpot soup it is. P.S. Don't tell the husband that I am sacrificing one of his filet mignons for the soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment