Thursday, December 18, 2008

Finally something new to add to our menu!

We went to a family Hannukah party last weekend where BooBoo tasted Bubbie Gert's salmon patties for the first time. They were a hit! I'm so glad because I often feel like BooBoo eats too much junk, since she can't eat dairy meals that the hubby and I eat for dinner. She often gets chicken nuggets or a hot dog instead and it kills me to feed her that when she will eat other things. If the Bug ate nuggets and hot dogs all the time, I'd be thrilled!
Anywho, so I made my own salmon patties last night with Bubbie's recipe and they turned out great. BooBoo was feeling a little under the weather, but she still managed to eat half of one. Now I have a whole batch in the freezer ready to defrost when needed (although, I probably won't feed her more than two a week).
So here it is:

Bubbie Gert's Salmon Patty Recipe

1 can salmon (I was told to use Red Sockeye, but I used pink and it turned out fine)
1/2 c. crushed rice crispies
1 onion (1/2 chopped in the patty, 1/2 sliced in the pan that you fry them in)
2 eggs
oil

In a box, crush rice crispies, add chopped onion and add salmon (after you've take out the bones and removed the skin), add eggs and mix (I added some spices, salt and pepper to taste, too). In a pan, add sliced onions and coat the bottom with oil. Form patties and place in pan to fry. Turn after patties get golden brown on one side. Transfer to paper towel after brown on both sides.

3 comments:

  1. These sound so good--and easy! My kids like salmon; I'll have to give this recipe a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Bubbs!! Thanks for sharing the recipe. I think I might try this one soon and add it to salad!

    ReplyDelete