Sunday, January 18, 2009

I survived!

I survived my first week back at work ... barely! BooBoo came down with a cold within 3 days of being back at daycare. Figures! The Bug did great being back full time, so I am grateful for that. In fact, I think it helped a lot with his potty training issues. I had a feeling that all of the changes may have made him regress a little, but I guess I was hoping that me being home would make for positive change in his life. ;-)
Anyway, I was so tired after my first week that I was a vegetable yesterday. I slept in and took a nap! Gotta give props to the hubby for making that possible.
The new job is GREAT! My commute is awesome, which helps a lot. I'm feeling both like I have things under control and like I'm hanging on by a thread. I'm sure we'll get into the groove again soon.
Bug and BooBoo are still eating terribly. The Bug won't even eat chicken nuggets or yogurt anymore, which is beyond frustrating! BooBoo has her final canine coming in, so that should make things a little easier for her to eat now. Here is my menu of items that they will turn their nose up to this week!

Sunday:
Spaghetti and green beans - made with ground turkey (I had whole grain pasta, the hubby had angel hair and BooBoo had elbows ... sheesh!).

Monday:
Chili - kind of annoying that it's so spaghetti like, but what can you do! I'll have it on a baked potato. I'll put some on some elbows for BooBoo.

Tuesday:
Tuna mac casserole mixed with California blend veggies (we never ate it last week, the hubby had to pitch hit for dinner one night and couldn't find the macaroni & cheese. LOL!). BooBoo with have leftover, the Bug will exist on air as usual.

Wednesday:
Salmon patties & potatoes

Thursday:
Tuna melts & tomato soup

Friday:
Cranberry Chicken (8 oz. french dressing, 1 packet onion soup mix, 1 can cranberry sauce - can add some crushed pineapple if you're feeling dangerous), corn souffle (also didn't eat this last week) and rice (brown for me, YUM!).

Yeah, we're scraping the bottom of the barrel this week. This is my "only shop for veggies week," and I didn't do such a great job of grocery shopping last week since I was so focused on preparing for my new job and the kids going back to school. Amazingly, I have a whole weeks worth of food in the house still. That's reassuring!

2 comments:

  1. As your cool sister, I want to say THANK YOU for all the yummy recipe ideas. When you decide you like dairy- I have a recipe for you for cheese muffins. I made them for shabbos last week and they were a HIT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like dairy just fine, but I couldn't eat cheese muffins around my kids. They'd be all over that action.

    ReplyDelete