Friday, November 14, 2008

The mystery of stomach ailments

So, yesterday morning my adorable little Bug woke up at 6:30 am. Not an unheard of hour for him. He climbed into bed to snuggle, again not unusual for us. I'll do anything to catch an extra five minutes of sleep, even if it means getting elbowed in the ribs. Next thing I know, the poor kids is throwing up all over my bed. Oy vey!
The poor thing proceeded to vomit for the next 2 hours and then by 9 am he was fine. No fever, kept down soy milk for the rest of the day, not a big appetite (which is not surprising for him), but otherwise just fine.
Not that this happens to so often, but it has happened before. As a mom of a kid with a sensitive stomach, it always makes me wonder if something didn't agree with him. I've never know dairy to make him throw up, other than some refluxy spit up as a baby. Who knows what he gets into at preschool, the other day a sweet classmate of his brought him a slice of (real) American cheese when he sat down at the snack table after I dropped him off. Being that he's a super picky eater, I can't imagine he ate it. But, you never know!
As a gift for waking up in that manner yesterday morning, my hubby decided to go out to eat with a friend, which meant that I was free from cooking anything extravagant (not that anything I cook is). So, I made some vegetarian veggie soup for BooBoo and me, a real grilled cheese for me and vegan grilled cheese for the kids (couldn't find Toffuti cheese at Whole Foods this week ... weird). Yeah, the vegan grilled cheese went uneaten by all parties. At $0.40 a slice, that was a kind of expensive "miss." But, I can't say it will prevent me from trying it again. I kind of like making the same thing for everyone when I can. Better luck next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment