Sunday, November 15, 2009

Crock pots make everything better

A few weeks ago FIL and MIL "treated" us to an expensive, over-cooked roast. It was a shame, but there were plenty of leftovers. Lucky us!
MIL suggested I make beef with noodles. Sounded good, if you know how to make something like that.
So, I found a recipe that looked good (read: easy) online and went to work. Threw the frozen roast in the crock pot, covered with Campbell's beefy mushroom soup (no dairy), one can of water, added a package of onion soup mix, and had the hubby slice up an onion that I'd picked up at the farmers market for pennies before they closed for the winter. Cooked for 4 hours, diced the roast up, added a can of mushrooms, let it sit overnight (last minute change of dinner plans) and served over whole wheat linguine.
We could actually chew the roast without having a bout of TMJ! It tasted pretty good, the hubby even liked it. And, I made some room in my freezer. Yay!
I actually think I may adopt this "sauce" for future roasts, as I have never really found a good crockpot roast recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment